The Council on Teaching seeks, evaluates and selects candidates for University-wide teaching awards including, but not limited to:
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Awards - recognizes teaching assistants who have demonstrated outstanding ability as teachers at the University of Iowa.
- President and Provost Award for Teaching Excellence - recognizes outstanding University of Iowa faculty with sustained records of teaching excellence.
- Teaching in Higher Education Travel Award - support to attend a conference related to teaching in their discipline or in higher education in general.
The cut-off time to complete all of the steps is noon on Friday, March 5, 2021. After this time, the system will not accept any additional nominations or approvals by the DEO.
Nomination documents should be combined in one PDF file and submitted electronically to Kimberly Nye in the Office of the Provost (email@example.com), by noon on Wednesday, November 25, 2020 (note: the day before Thanksgiving).
The Council on Teaching will review applications, not as they are received, but following these submission deadlines based on the date of travel:
- Fall 2020 (September-December travel) submit applications by August 3, 2020
- Spring 2021 (January - May travel) submit applications by December 4, 2020
- Summer 2021 (June-August travel) submit applications by April 30, 2021