The Council on Teaching will review applications following these submission deadlines based on the date of
- Summer 2020 (June - August travel) submit applications before May 1, 2020
- Fall 2020 (September - December travel) submit applications between April 15, 2020 - August 3, 2020
- Spring 2021 (January - May travel) submit applications by December 4, 2020
- Summer 2021 (June - August travel) submit applications by April 30, 2021
The following information will be needed to complete the application for Teaching in Higher Education Travel Award:
- Basic information: name, HawkID, email address, department, DEO email address, event information (title, date, web link).
- If you are presenting a workshop, keynote address, seminar, demonstration, poster, simulation, etc. at the conference, be prepared to upload a PDF of the abstract, invitation, or other indication of acceptance.
- Be prepared to share your expectations about your conference experience (please note that responses to the following questions are limited to 200 words each):
- What long-term impact do you anticipate your conference experience will have on teaching and learning (pedagogical practice) at Iowa?
- What information and materials about teaching strategies, trends, etc. do you expect to share with your department, college, or the University at large when you return from the conference? How do you intend to share that information?
- What do you expect to gain professionally from attending or presenting at this event?
- As a teacher in your department, how might you share what you learned at the conference beyond the University of Iowa campus?
- Provide a list the total amount of funding requested, a simple, itemized budget of your expenses, and list other sources of funding that you have applied for or received. (A maximum of $1,500 may be awarded.)
For questions, please contact: